Sunday, August 24, 2014

Playing House

I am officially moved into my very first apartment. (Yay me!) Before we go anywhere, I would like to give you a quick tour.
My apartment's basic outline
There are four girls living in our apartment, two per bedroom. The kitchen is more of a kitchenette that has a small fridge, microwave, sink, and cupboards. My roommate and I have our room set up so that there is a divider down the middle made of our wardrobes and desks. I took a few pictures of my half of my room and the rest of the apartment:
My bedroom

My desk and half my wardrobe

Our living room

Our Kitchen
As we were moving into our kitchen and putting all our stuff away, I had the oddest sensation that we were little girls playing house. We really don't know what we're doing and we're just trying to figure out where is best to put our cups and how to work our blenders. (Somehow we ended up with three blenders in our apartment, two of which are nearly identical. Go figure.) It gave me the feeling of being very small person in a very big world. I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing, and that is an unsettling feeling.

But at the same time, I like it. It creates within me a feeling of adventure, and I like adventures. It's a new opportunity to learn and grow, and I don't want to take that for granted. 

Here we go college. Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment