Saturday, November 15, 2014

Four Reasons to Love Lindsey Stirling

I spend a lot of time on the internet; especially on social media and YouTube. Through YouTube, I have discovered some creative and ingenious people who are sharing their gifts with the world. One of them is Lindsey Stirling. Stirling is a hip-hop violinist who combines classical-sounding violin melodies with hip-hop and dub-step backed music. Just watching a few of her videos can cheer me up on a down day, and I have come up with four reasons why you should join her fan base.


  1. She marvels at the world around her. She is always amazed at what she discovers. In her vlogs, she is often seen being amazed at what she sees. She gets excited about the big things like the cities she visits, but she also gets excited about the little things like gifts from her fans or a hat from a street vendor. I think child-like wonder is something that adults should feel free to do, and she is a great example.
  2. She practices her faith. Despite the fact that I don't believe the same way she does, I respect and admire the fact that she is open about her practices. She is Mormon, and in several of her videos she and her crew are seen praying before a show. Not many people have the gumption to talking about their faith, and she makes it clear that that is who she is.
  3. She rocks her own unique style. It's expected for someone of her job to have a very individual style. I mean, she is a hip-hop violinist. She rocks her style. From every concert to music video to vlog, she looks great. To see the range of her costumes check out her music video to "Minimal Beat" which was filmed when she was on her world tour. It's a fun music video, and it's all Lindsey
  4. She oozes happiness. Like I said in the introduction, just watching a few of her videos cheers me up. She's always smiling. I love to see someone enjoying life and doing what they love.
Below are a few of my favorite videos from her:
Radioactive, This is a collaboration she did with Pentatonix, an a capella group that is another one of my favorite artists.


There are so many more of her videos that I love. Keep making music Lindsey!

No comments:

Post a Comment