Thursday, November 13, 2014

You Know You're a Writer When

As you know, I am writing major. As I immerse myself in the program, I have come to realize that I have developed certain traits and have had certain experiences that quite clearly label me a writer.

You know you're a writer when...

  1. You proofread a paper that has already proofread by four other people and find five mistakes.
  2. You get into passionate discussions with other writers over weather a certain grammatical error is truly a mistake or just a stylistic choice. 
  3. You have strong feelings about certain grammar uses.
  4. MLA vs. APA: the bane of the writing world.
  5. British vs. American: who knew that two countries who use the same language could have so many variations!?
  6. Using an exclamation mark can give you stress. 
  7. You are a beast when it comes to Scattergories.
  8. You are continually faced with the question, "Am I writing enough?"
  9. Journaling is the best way to vent your feelings.
  10. You continually have to tell people that you are a Writing major, not an English major. (Yes, some people have the audacity to tell you they are the same thing.)
  11. You use different writing styles to tell which multiple-choice answer your professor just copied and pasted to the test. This can be a very helpful hint as to which one is correct.
I know a lot of these are probably just me ranting, but, hey. The more you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment