Thursday, November 20, 2014

Why Winter Is Really the Best

Winter has already moved in to stay here in Northern Pennsylvania. Unlike much of the population of the United States, I like winter. And not just the snow like a lot of people. I actually like the cold too. It wakes me up and makes me feel alive.

I want to share a few of my favorite things about winter with you, so below is a list of my favorite things about winter (in no particular order.)

  1. Four words: kids in snow gear
  2. Christmas lights
  3. The excuse to drink hot chocolate
  4. Snow hikes
  5. Christmas gift exchanges 
  6. Sledding 
  7. Snow days! (Unfortunately, my school has only had two snow days in the past thirty years.)
  8. CHRISTMAS
  9. Our coal stove
  10. Christmas parties
  11. No one can put their arms all the way at their sides because their winter coats are so darn puffy!
  12. Beautiful scenery
  13. Little kids with red cheeks and noses
  14. Scarves
  15. It looks like Narnia (thank you C.S. Lewis)
  16. Time with friends
  17. Photo shoots, because pictures are always better with snow.
  18. Family events where you see people you only see a few times a year, or even just at Christmas
  19. Sweaters
  20. Really good food
  21. Special church services 
  22. Lots of smiles :)

No comments:

Post a Comment