Sunday, October 5, 2014

It's Good to "Struggle"

For some reason humans feel the need to be in control all the time. I don't know why, but we all do it. We want to be on top of what's going on, and it's not okay for anyone to see us struggling. It is viewed as weakness to have a hard time with a situation. 

Now watch this video from Tenth Avenue North; pay special attention to the chorus:


This song tells us that it's okay to have a hard time with something. It's okay to need help. God says, "I got you, and I will never let you go." God will lead us through the hard times, He will give us peace even when the world seems to be falling apart, 

For me, this applies to my walk with God. I grew up in a knowledge-based church. I felt that if I ever had a hard time working something out with God or questioned my faith I was a bad Christian. I felt like I didn't have enough faith for God to accept me. 

That's absolute crap. "[Nothing] can ever separate us from God's love" (Romans 8:38). This song by Tenth Avenue North assures us that struggling is not a bad thing. It is actually a good thing for Christians. Check out Romans 5:3-5:

"3 We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love."

For Christians, struggles are what help us to grow, and we should therefore embrace them. We can embrace them because we know that God is with us. He holds, guides, and loves each and every one of us. We just need to accept His grace and forgiveness. When we do that, we can fully experience the freedom that comes with struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment