Friday, October 31, 2014

The Unwanted Wedding Part III

The Queen then came to the suite to look her daughter over and approve of her appearance.
"Oh, Sweety!  You look fabulous.  That dress is amazing." She chattered on.  "My wedding was a blissful day.  As you know, my marriage was arranged, and I hardly knew your father, but he was dreadfully handsome."

The Princess sighed.  As stated earlier, she had had no such luck, and her betrothed was only attractive if you closed your eyes and plugged your ears because even his voice was ugly.

"...nervous, my gown was too tight, and my mother chatted on and on.  Looking back, I think she was just as nervous as I was.  I mean, her only daughter was getting married, and such.  Are you following me, Darling?"

She stopped her chatting long enough for the Princess to nod her head, and then continued her monologue.

"As you know, my dear sister Gardensia had already died of the plague, so I was the only daughter left for my mother to dress up and marry off. Marcus, my bro..."

The Princess noticed a page enter the room, and whisper something to one of her ladies in waiting.  The lady gave a quick nod, and shooed the page out of the room.

"...ther married, but my mother didn't get to dress his wife up because she wasn't her daught..."  The lady in waiting cleared her throat, and the queen turned to look at her.

"Your Highness,"  she said with a sweeping bow, "the ceremony is ready, and the king requests that you and the royal Princess come down so that the ceremony might begin."

"Oh!  Hurry up, Darling, this is one thing you don't want to be late for."

No comments:

Post a Comment