Thursday, September 25, 2014

Be an Activist

Last night I went to a viewing of a documentary looking at water as a human rights issue; a discussion panel followed. As an audience, we asked questions about the film and about the panel member's thoughts and opinions. Not too long into the discussion time, an older gentleman from the community stood up and gave us students a pep-talk. He told us that the future is in our hands. He said that as young people, our job is to speak out for what we believe in. He encouraged us to peaceful protests.

I felt empowered. Not because a sixty-year-old man told me that I should make a difference but because I felt like my opinion mattered. I can make a difference; you can make a difference. We all can make a difference.

I encourage you to find something you are passionate about and do what you can to support it. As God to show you what your passions are. Become an activist for God and the passions He has given you.

No comments:

Post a Comment