Thursday, September 11, 2014

You do not need to know.

When I entered ninth grade, everybody kept asking questions like this:
"Where are you going to college?"
"What are you going to do with your life?"
"What job do you want?"

Little thirteen year old me was scared.  I did not know.  Am I supposed to know what to do with my life?

Those questions have been sitting in the back if my mind for the past two years.  I always felt a little inadequate because I did not know what I wanted to do with my life.

I went to Creation music festival this past summer, and met a woman named Susan.  She was running a booth for an art gallery.  We started talking, and somehow we got onto the topic of what I wanted to do with my life.

She kept talking, and every single thing that came out her mouth struck a deep chord in me.  She talked about how she never thought she was going to be an art curator when she was young.  She did not know where life was going to take her.

She did not know, but God knew.  He used all of her experiences to prepare her for this job. 

This gave me comfort and joy.  Comfort because, I do not need to know what to do with my life.  Joy because, God, the one who created Nelson Mandela, William Shakespear, and Billy Gram, knows what he is going to do with my life. 

I do not need to know because he does.

(Ps.  I will answer your question about predestination and free will, Lindy.  I just need some time to think about it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment