Saturday, September 6, 2014

Black and White

I am a very black and white thinker. I like to know the rules, what's right, and what's wrong. Without thinking, I often label activities, ideas, products, and theories. I like to know the boundary and generally stay clear of it. I don't like blurred lines between different behaviors, and grey areas drive me nuts.

However, I'm starting to see that black and white thinking isn't always the best method.

As much as I would like it to be, the world is not black and white. It is made of varying shades of grey, and I think I need to learn to live with that. I'm not going to give up my convictions and beliefs, but I am going to accept that many people don't see the world as I do. I think at the end of it all, I'll
be a better person for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment