Monday, September 1, 2014

The Poster

*This is an entirely fictional story, based off of the challenge issued to me by Anna for missing one day of blogging.

One day, a long time ago, I was walking through a mall. It was an ordinary mall, nothing too huge or grand or small or shabby. In that mall I saw a poster. Now in malls, weather they are huge or grand or small or shabby, there are always posters. Posters advertising everything from belts and bags to hardware and pets.

But this poster was different.

It was a very curious poster, for on it was a poodle. Now there is nothing curious about a poodle, but this poodle was advertising a country. You would probably guess that this poster would be for some high-end, fancy country like France or something of that sort. But the poster actually advertised the country of Nigeria. Interesting, I thought.

I didn't have much time to puzzle over the poster because I had completed my shopping and had plans for that evening. So I turned and went back out to my car. After I loaded my purchases into the trunk of my car, I walked around to get into my seat. I looked down at the ground, for no apparent reason, and saw a penny just beside my foot. I picked it up because we all know that pennies bring good luck and drove home.

No comments:

Post a Comment