Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Dear Lindy... Part 1

     Wanderlust.  That is the word that many have used to describe the longing to go away.  Anywhere.  Away from people.  Away from all that is familiar and dear.
     Of late, my mind has been yearning to go to Europe.  I want to travel the street of Rome, Paris, London.  I want to get lost in the country sides of Ireland and The Netherlands.  I don't just want to tour there.  I want to live there; to learn the language; to know the people.  I want to create my own little world in a new place.
     I think one of the core reasons I want this is because I want a place of my own.  I want a set of experiences that no one else I know has ever felt.  I want to have stories to tell.  I can just imagine all the little children gathered around me listening to my tales of grand old cities on the other side of the world.
     Do not get me wrong.  I love home.  I love our kitchen.  I love all the memories in our backyard, but there comes a point where we each must sail away.  My time has not yet come.  But yours has.
     Lindy, go do life as big and wide and deep as you possibly can.  Make your own set of experiences.  Go across seas that you never thought you could cross.  Don't let petty fears and insecurities hold you back.  Travel, see the world, get to know mindsets from all over the world.  Learn.  Learn everything you can.  Take every little nugget of knowledge that is given to you, treasure it, and store it away in your mind for future reference.  You will only get these years of youth and freedom once.
     Do more than people think you can.  Do more than I think you can.  
     Do life big.

No comments:

Post a Comment